Requisition ID: 99402
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Position: Analyst, GWO - Lending Services - Trade Finance - Control Tower
This position will require candidates to be physically in the office at our 1 St. Clair location Why work for Scotiabank?
Scotiabank is among the largest banks in the world and the most international bank in Canada. We are powered by our 97,000 high-performing teammates who make a real difference across the globe as a leading provider of advice, products, digital experiences, and financial services. Together with our Digital Factories around the world, we are dedicated to helping our 25 million customers become better-off.
This is a place where you'll get to learn and develop your skills, while being recognized for your hard work. At Scotiabank, we're passionate about bringing our whole selves to work, allowing us to create inclusive work environments for everyone to enjoy. Say hello to a career at Scotiabank!Global Banking and Markets
Global Banking & Markets provides a full range of investment banking, credit and risk management products and services relevant to the financing and strategic development needs of our clients. Our products include debt and equity financing, mergers & acquisitions, corporate banking, institutional equity sales, trading and research, fixed income products, derivatives, energy, foreign exchange and precious & metals. We also cross-sell the full range of wholesale products and services offered by the Scotiabank Group. Position
Contributes to the overall success of the GWO - Lending Services - Trade Finance in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. Accountabilities
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Provides superior service and supports to the customers of Trade and Supply Chain Finance department by Distributing incoming and outgoing mail correspondence used in daily operations. Scans received documents into Trade Processing System and arranges secure storage of the original documents pending distribution to the teams or waiting to be couriered
• Reviews and routes Trade-related BESS and Trade360 incoming SWIFT messages to the different TSCF teams and promptly performs necessary investigations to have the messages distributed to the processing teams in shortest possible time
• Creates Work Items for Standby/Guarantee team based on customers' requests received by mail, email or fax and routes them for further processing
• Promptly and professionally responds to requests received from internal and external clients providing guidance, where necessary
• Distributes generic email messages and incoming fax messages to respective processing teams
• Performs reconciliations and analysis of different accounting entries and reports such as A/R, Unposted report, Unmatched report, Trial balance, Work in Progress, Trade Loan accruals and other reports related to daily operations of the unit
• Understands how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
• Champions a high performance culture and contributes to an inclusive work environment. Requirements
- Thorough knowledge of Bank's regulations, policies, procedures, operations and functions
- Good knowledge of Trade and Supply Chain Finance products, processes and related documentation
- Working knowledge of Accounting, Reconciliations, OnLine Loan (OLL) and FFT posting
- Working knowledge of CGI Trade360 Trade Processing System and BESS
- Working knowledge of AS400 Fax application, Adobe Acrobat, Word, Excel and Outlook Express
- Working knowledge of the Bank AML and Compliance policies and procedures
- Highly developed Customer Service skills allowing direct communications with clients
- Possess professional negotiating and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Time management and prioritization skills are critical
- Strong attention to details and accuracy in reviewing and processing entries
- Ability to remain calm and productive during high pressure situation
- Ability to work in a group being flexible and committed to success of the team
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Financial, Bank, Banking, Equity, Developer, Finance, Technology
Banking, Finance and Insurance