Requisition ID: 107370
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Purpose:
Contributes to the overall success of the GWO Collateral Operations / Settlements & Clearing, GBM in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed/delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies, and procedures. Key Accountabilities:
• Champions a customer-focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge.
• Provide Global operational support for the Collateral Management team within the Global Wholesale Operations (GWO) division of the Bank. The Collateral Management Group is responsible for supporting and controlling the global business lines of the Bank by accounting for a broad range of complex, high-value collateralized transactions. Accounting and risk management are considered in this fast-paced business and errors can incur significant costs
• The incumbent's primary role is to provide daily margining support for the group's OTC exposure management function for cleared and non cleared derivatives, covering a wide variety of operational duties and functions on derivatives, Repos, Securities Lending, and other forms of collateralized transactions.
• Familiarity with Uncleared Regulatory Initial Margin is an asset
• The incumbent must have an understanding of the Bank's accounting policies and procedures. In addition, the incumbent should be familiar with the Bank's trading policies, bond market practice, regulatory requirements, and the inherent risks associated with all of the collateral products processed. Familiarity with settling securities across many clearing systems and the Bank's payment systems is beneficial, but not required.
• A working knowledge of the Vermeg Colline collateral system and Anvil software would also be beneficial.
• Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to, and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk, and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
• Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment. Education / Experience / Other Information:
• The incumbent must have a good understanding of collateral management and the Bank's policies and procedures.
• In addition, a sound understanding of its trading policies, market practices, regulatory requirements, and the inherent risks associated with all of the products processed.
• The incumbent must have excellent oral and written communication skills to deal with a wide variety of external and internal clients.
• An analytical mindset would be beneficial in order to effectively detect, escalate or resolve issues.
• The incumbent must maintain a high level of accuracy and must be able to prioritize and multi-task at all times. The incumbent must have strong PC skills (particularly Excel) in order to handle the daily workload.
• He/she must be able to work independently with minimum supervision.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Operations Manager, Bank, Banking, Developer, Operations, Finance, Technology
Management and Executive Operations and Logistics