Co-op/Intern Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Canada All Available Locations:
Deloitte is on a mission to build smarter, faster, and more connected futures through the management of cyber risk. Are you in?What will your typical day look like?
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching.
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever they may be.
As a member of Cyber Intelligence Centre, you will interact with clients both locally and globally to assist with managing their cyber risk profile. You should be comfortable managing timelines; be able to travel to (on occasion); following established methodologies; and creating clear and concise deliverables. Other responsibilities may include but not limited to:
About the team
- Supporting the team on security/controls and risk management solution development and system integration
- Supporting the group in identifying risks and controls within business and IT processes for various initiatives
- Performing security related technical implementation based activities on systems implementation projects
- Assisting with the development of security strategies, policies and standards
- Researching and resolve complex issues and develop innovative solutions for clients
There are various work activities in different industry sectors available in Deloitte's Cyber Intelligence Centre Managed Security Services portfolio such as, but not limited to:
- Security Operations. Possess strong security analytical/technical skills, a deep interest in information security and knowledge of current/evolving cyber security threats and trends, security technologies, security operations processes, incident management.
- Security Systems and Engineering. Focus on service design, transition, operation of the platforms/controls. Understand IT risks and business implications, identify weaknesses and recommend solutions. Knowledge of systems administration, technical controls, service management with strong troubleshooting experience in Enterprise production IT environments.
- Security Reporting. Generate precise, error-free recurring operational threat condition reporting to meet client requirements.
- Cyber Threat Intelligence. Deep interest in open source research, investigate and analytical problem solving skills to pro-actively detect malicious behaviour using intelligence from multiple feeds to provide real-time monitoring and gather information on vulnerabilities/exploits related to the client.
Within Cyber Security, there are different personas that exist, and you may be able to identify yourself with one or multiple of these personas. To gain more information about this, please navigate to Deloitte's report on " The changing faces of cybersecurity " . Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone who is:
- Enrolled in an Undergraduate or Graduate degree in an appropriate field from an accredited college/university
- Able to travel within Canada and occasionally internationally. Candidates must be able to enter the USA to work on client assignments.
- Able to obtain Government of Canada Secret level security clearance
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment with competing deadlines and rapidly evolving client needs and conditions.
- An effective verbal and written communicator with creative ability to conceptualize and articulate new approaches and solutions.
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You? Apply by May 16th, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST To be considered, you must submit your cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript in ONE PDF document.
We are passionate about helping you launch your career at Deloitte. Prepped
is a free, digital and personalized, voluntary program that may provide the guidance and training you need to properly tackle your job search, and could prepare you for the next steps in the interview process. Prepped is currently only available in English, and is not a Deloitte created tool. Choosing to use or not use Prepped will not be weighted towards or against you. Get Prepped now at https://www.fullyprepped.ca/invite .
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan . We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Manufacturing and Production