100 King Street West Please be advised: BMO Global Asset Management is seeking to hire an Analyst to cover the Energy & Mining Sector and another Analyst to cover the Technology sector, respectively. Job Description:
The Analyst will conduct fundamental equity research on a coverage universe, providing investment ideas for the portfolios. The Analyst will generate proprietary fundamental analysis of the sector, the industry, the companies and the stocks by meeting with top management of companies, industry experts, sell-side analysts and experienced colleagues. The Analyst works closely with the team of portfolio managers responsible for managing a number of strategies, primarily for the Canadian market.
- Makes investment recommendations balancing qualitative and quantitative factors .
- Acts as a trusted subject matter expert to assigned investment sector(s) or coverage area.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to contribute to team priorities or strategies.
- Builds and maintains detailed financial models.
- Provides written reports for in depth investment thesis, company events, recommendations.
- Provides timely analysis and views/recommendations on news and events.
- Highly motivated, able to think logically, critically and quickl y.
- Strong written and verbal communication capabilities .
- Works both independently and as part of a team.
- Self-starter and strong ability to prioritize workflow.
- Strong team player, positive attitude
- Typically between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In-depth analytical and interpretive skills; capable of sourcing and identifying pertinent factors from large volumes of information.
- In-depth organizational skills; strong attention to detail and risk.
- Able to maintain effectiveness, accuracy and performance in a fast-paced and demanding environment with multiple concurrent priorities.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
Individual Contributor / CollaborateurWe're here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Customer Service and Support