Requisition ID: 100544
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Purpose
AML Operations supports the Banks overall AML program. By conducting intake/triage, enhanced due diligence, name scanning, payment screening and demarket activities, AML Operations is able to identify and monitor high risk customers and suspicious activities.
The Senior Learning Advisor is responsible for the development and deployment of global AML Operations training initiatives (in Canada and International Banking). This includes conducting current design, delivery and ongoing maintenance of training programs. The Advisor will work closely with their Manager and the Senior Manager, Business Enablement to provide tailored solutions to further the strategic goals of the business, and to partner with Global Learning to develop AML Operations business solutions.
The Senior Learning Advisor will be accountable for supporting assigned business units (including AML Risk Financial Intelligence Unit and Special Investigations Unit) in multiple locations in Toronto.Accountabilities
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Maintain solid understanding of AML Operations and business units, including annual objectives/strategies/KPIs
- Develop subject matter expertise in assigned business units to effectively support training
- Design and deliver training (as assigned) to address AML Operational process/procedural knowledge by:
- Develop content for numerous learning methods of delivery such as instructor led classroom and self-directed learning
- Ensure all training materials are clear, concise, consistent, and instructionally sound
- Construct learning objectives for optimal assessment of learning retention
- Liaise with Subject Matter Experts, as required, throughout the design and development process for content validation
- Creating project plans inclusive of execution plans and timelines
- Creating engaging learning experiences in a professional manner demonstrating the application of adult learning principles
- Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures
- Identifies opportunities to re-purpose solutions cross-functionally
- Ensure all necessary reviews/approvals have been received prior to training implementation
- Ensure training is tracked for record keeping and audit evidence
- Facilitate single and multi-day workshops
- Supporting learners in achieving identified learning objectives through effective feedback and ongoing evaluation of learning transfer and gaps
- Recording and manage attendance records
- Preparing necessary training materials and logistics for facilitation (i.e. room booking, participant workbook, etc.)
- Assessing performance of new hires at set intervals during the training cycle and sharing these results with the Manager, Strategy and Business Enablement
Skills, Experiences and Functional Competencies
- Conduct train the trainer as required
- Coordinate required scheduling and resources
- Familiarizing employees with tools and knowledge resources to help them succeed in their role and produce high quality work
- Implementing design principles and standards that ensure consistency, flexibility and sustainability of learning materials.
- Offering feedback to management on challenges and best practices that emerge post-training
- Maintaining strong AML knowledge, including external best practices and trends and making recommendations to evolve existing programs;
- Openly sharing best practices and identify to manager/senior manager opportunities to work more effectively AML Operations business unitsUnderstand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team
- Self-starter able to take initiative, identify areas of improvement independently and proactively keeps up-to-date with changes to process/procedures that affect business units supported
Education / Experience
- Excellent written and verbal skills required to prepare communications and interact effectively with internal and external parties.
- Thorough knowledge of related regulatory requirements including KYC, AML, Anti-Terrorist Financing Policies legislation and procedures;
- Thorough knowledge of the Bank's interactive systems including MS Office Suite
- Previous experience with AML would be an asset
- Results oriented, highly motivated with a keen ability to influence others
- Self-reliant and pro-active approach to work
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work in a sometimes ambiguous environment and ability to 'connect' the dots
- Ability to demonstrate highly developed facilitation and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to the most effective facilitation approach (in class, by phone, virtual)
- Consistently demonstrate self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, relationship management, and Scotiabank's Core Values: Integrity, Respect, Passion and Accountability
- University Degree or equivalent and a minimum of minimum of 3 years of experience in the financial services industry preferable in GAML/ATF related field
- ACAMS certification is an asset
- Spanish an asset
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Mississauga
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Training, Bank, Banking, Developer, Law, Education, Finance, Technology, Legal