Requisition ID: 96497
At Scotiabank Digital Factory, the reach and opportunity of a global organization meets the passion and drive of a startup. Reinvention starts here-and it starts with you.
We believe that the pathway to success is paved with user feedback, so we're constantly asking our customers how they want to bank. When we find an opportunity to make things people will love, we assemble teams of specialists to collaborate in Digital Factories in Canada, Chile, Mexico, Peru, and Colombia. We work fast, and we work smart. Join us to create meaningful experiences and build the bank of tomorrow for our customers around the world.
If you'd like to learn more about our Digital Banking career opportunities, explore our Communities of Practice, or hear from our leaders, check out our Technology at Scotia career page.
In this role you will contribute to the overall success of the Digital Banking Unit in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. As a Technical Lead at the Digital Factory, you will be accountable for designing, developing and implementing applications that support Digital Banking business initiatives. In this role you will...
What's in it for you?
- You will champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge
- You will lead technical decisioning for the scrum teams, collaborating with Software Architects and other Technical Leads in the cluster
- You will lead the technical design, development, code reviews, deployment, strong coding standards for efficiency and reuse of Adobe Experience Manager solutions.
- You will be responsible for planning and estimation, implementation, testing, deployment, support, documentation, and overall technical ownership of the AEM platform.
- You will provide technical guidance and mentorship to the team on software development best practices using clean code, solid architecture and craftsmanship.
- You will determine feasibility and scalability of AEM to solve business needs, interacting with business and product owners in order to define technical solutions.
- You will integrate RESTful APIs and third-party systems as part of the overall architecture.
- You will understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- You will actively pursue effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- You will champion a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
- You have in depth knowledge of programming languages, frameworks, utilities, and other technologies used by the team
- You have excellent communication skills with ability to influence decision making across stakeholders
- You have a Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
- You have 10+ years of Experience in full cycle AEM implementations using version 6.3+ (AEM component development, Asset workflow development, Schedulers, Metadata & Tag Management plus integrating AEM with other applications).
- You have 3+ years of Experience in AEM touch UI/modern components.
- You have 2+ years of experience using Adobe Digital Asset Manager (DAM) integrating with Adobe Sites and enterprise asset management solutions.
- You have 8+ years of software development experience using java/JEE and related frameworks.
- You have demonstrated ability to lead team members with differing opinions and levels of experience
- You have project management skills to map and execute short and long term plans for the team
- You have effective organization, planning, and time management skills
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We hire you for your talent - not just a job - so you can grow with us. We'll equip you for success not only in your role, but also in your career as a whole
- Dress codes don't apply here: being comfortable does
- Our work from home social channel offers weekly virtual yoga, social events, learning opportunities, and contests to share current experiences & promote wellbeing in our new remote environment
- Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can hone your current skills, or learn new ones
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
- Free shuttle service to and from Union Station, onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, and an onsite fitness center *
*Some of our perks & onsite offerings will be offline as we continue to monitor federal and provincial regulations around COVID-19
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Medical, Bank, Banking, Developer, Engineer, Healthcare, Finance, Technology, Engineering