Requisition ID: 97863
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
About the role
As a Lead Developer, you will lead design, implementation, and deployment of production code fixes. You will participate in design discussions focused on scalability, observability, and operability of solutions.Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if you have:
- Collaborate with a game-changing team that is providing focus, scalability and continuous improvement to build our customer's trust in our products
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Produce day-to-day activities in a manner consistent with our risk culture
- Champion a knowledge-sharing environment, promote peer-to-peer learning and prevent knowledge silos within the team
- Mentor and coach other team members on technical issues, set standards and code reviews
- Create an environment where your team pursues effective and efficient operations of their respective areas while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls
- Actively discuss implementation details and software architecture with other team members
What's in it for you?
- Previous work experience in an Agile/Scrum delivery model.
- Bachelor (equivalent or higher) degree in Computer Science or relevant experience
- Experience creating and implementing on-premise and off-premise applications
- Well-rounded interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships cross-functionally, based on Scotiabank's values of respect, integrity, passion, and accountability
- An inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- Work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Opportunity to make a significant impact, as you will contribute to viable solutions to design products and applications that will be used by over 21 million customers globally
- Tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- Learning and development - free access to Pluralsight membership to upskill and develop your skills
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Bank, Banking, Computer Science, Web Design, Technology, Finance, Creative