Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
TD Insurance is part of TD Bank Group, one of Canada's largest financial institutions. TD Insurance helps protect clients from the 'accidents of life' with a wide range of products including credit protection, life, health, travel, home and auto insurance. With more than three million clients, TD Insurance authorized products and services are available online, over the phone, and through a network of more than 1,000 TD Canada Trust branches.
In Canada, we have two lines of business, General Insurance and Life and Health. Our General Insurance business is one of the top home and auto insurance groups in Canada and the national leader in group insurance and affinity marketing. Our Life and Health business is the number one provider of critical illness insurance and direct life and health insurance in Canada.
At TD Insurance, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment. With a Canada-wide workforce of over 4,000 employees and offices in Atlantic Canada, Quebec, Ontario and Alberta, our company is always growing and can help you to grow. TD Insurance offers a stable and dynamic work environment where talent is appreciated and professional development is taken seriously. More than just a job, we offer rewarding careers. Job Description
GI Pricing oversees the overall pricing strategy of general insurance products that aligns with TD Insurance's business objectives in compliance with jurisdictional premium regulations. Pricing is a determining component of our home and auto insurance products that cater to direct and affinity markets.
Reporting to the Pricing Manager, the Actuarial Analyst plays a key role in the end-to-end execution of pricing strategies and rate changes. The Analyst contributes to the on-going and future success of the company may it be through the establishment of pricing strategies for all products and insurers for a given region, the development of models, methodologies and tools, the monitoring and measurement of rate levels and effectiveness though rate-indication activities, and/or the execution of planned pricing and business initiatives utilizing best governance practices.
• Determine the rating level and classification criteria required to reach growth and profitability objectives;
• Develop pricing strategies aligned to GI Product business plans and Affinity Market Group objectives;
• Work with rating algorithms, factors, classification inputs and associated processes necessary to analyze, monitor, propose change, and implement changes to our pricing systems;
• Liaise with internal and external partners and stakeholders and contribute to building and maintaining those relationships;
• Support our business partners for pricing related issues;
• Support junior team members;
• Contribute to the team's innovation culture to allow to further enhance pricing capabilities and better support business objectives Requirements
• Three to five years of actuarial experience in Property & Casualty
• Bachelor degree in Actuarial Sciences or related field
• ACAS near completion or at least six Casualty Actuarial Society professional exams (preferred)
• Excellent knowledge of Excel
• Proficiency and interest for programming, notably SQL and R
• Predictive modeling is an asset
• Advanced analytical, decision-making and problem solving skills
• Client-focused and aptitude for teamwork with solid organizational and communications skills
• Ability to work effectively during demanding periods
• Autonomous and perseverant; shows initiative and creativity in their work
• Recognized for their thoroughness and the quality of their workHours
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.