Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co. We are seeking an Accounts payable Clerkto join our team in London, ON. Here are some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Pension plan with company match
- Opportunity for fast advancement and career growth
As theAccounts Payable Clerk, you will beresponsible to ensure timely payment of approved receipts of materials and services to approved vendors. This role will also have a supporting role in purchasing, customer service and production RESPONSIBILITIES:
AP / Accounting Duties:
- Perform the day to day processing of accounts payable transactions to ensure that the company's finances are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner
- A/P Invoicing - incoming mail, emailed invoices, matching received PO's to Invoices, enter into ERP (IndustriOS) for posting,
- Prepare cheque runs & EFT payments as required
- Managing Vendors (addition, removal, updating) in ERP System (IndustriOS)
- Cash Disbursement calculations
- Month End Preparation including ensuring PO receipt and accruals
- Review vendor statements as received, replying to vendor when needed
- Providing supporting documentation for audit requests and/or corporate office
- Completing customer Invoicing / credits in ERP system (IndustriOS), distribution of invoices / credits to customers.
- Management of customer payment receipts including account & bank reconciliations.
- Customer collections & A/R status reporting
- MRO Purchasing including cycle counts, creating purchase orders and vendor management.
- Creating and distribution of Purchase Orders as required for MRO and services
- Receiving purchasing orders in the ERP system
- Customer Service Support - including order entry, product quoting, customer communications, freight quoting and coordinating shipments.
- General File management - Hardcopy/ electronic for AR/ AP, Inventory transactions, Manufacturing orders, Quality, Health & Safety
- Release of Production orders to the production floor.
- Producing a variety of reports including income statements and balance sheets as required
- Prepare / receive courier shipments as required
- Switchboard - answer/transfer incoming calls
- Incoming mail - receive, sort and distribute
- Assist the President with administrative duties-as needed
- Assist Supervisors/Operations Manager with administrative duties/board postings-as needed
- Post Secondary education in a related field preferred.
- 3+ years experience in accounting and/or administrative roles
- Excellent communication skills, a pleasant demeanor and ability to work with various personalities
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to multitask
- Strong organizational skills to be able to keep up with various internal needs and conduct follow-ups in a timely manner
- Adaptability and flexibility to deal with changing priorities
- Strong computer skills, primarily MS Office, a strength in Excel, experience with IndustrOS and Sage are an asset
- A positive attitude and ability to work well in a team environment.