100689 Cost Centre:
INVESTMENT SUPPORT Employee Referral Program - Potential Reward:
We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your career at Scotiabank. Branch / Department: RSC - RDITS - Mutual Funds - Team A Transit Number: 85142
The Investment Adjustments Officer is responsible for effectively supporting Scotia Mutual Funds, RRIFs, RSPs at an expert level, relative to setting up these accounts and processing of adjustments and exception transactions to all accounts. The primary goal of this position is to ensure that every transaction/adjustment received is handled accurately and in a timely manner; any errors or delays could result in losses to the bank. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
Ensures all adjustments received on a daily basis are processed in an accurate, timely and high quality way by:
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Effectively, efficiently and accurately review and process adjustments, exception transactions and correction for all Scotia Mutual Funds plans, ensuring that Revenue Canada regulations and securities regulations governing these products are adhered to and that bank losses are avoided.
- Acquiring and maintaining in depth knowledge of all service systems (E.g Primebase/UX, Fundserv, AS400, PrimeWEB)
- Prepare and verify journal vouchers to offset General Ledger/ Trust accounts and branches as required
- Initiate investigations to resolve adjustment disputes/ concerns, interacting with internal/external contacts to obtain the necessary information for resolution. The incumbent ensures that efficient and proper follow-up is conducted and documented accordingly.
- Provide assistance to the Mutual Fund team by actively participating in team learning, development and performance activities and achievements
- Adhering to the Bank's Guideline for Business Conduct, demonstrating a full understanding of the legal implications of dealing with client requests and maintaining the confidentiality of customer information
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Retrieves and processes all the transactions received and maintains the Bank's systems up-to-date following Scotia Service Standards and agreements as per Service Level Agreement terms
- Completing, verifying and processing Adjustments
- Maintaining accurate records of bookkeeping entries
- Providing prompt and accurate follow-up on outstanding items
- Respond to all inquiries received in a timely and knowledgeable form while fostering a relationship of mutual trust, respect and confidence.
- Supports colleagues with their training or cross-training initiatives within the department
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Ability to deal effectively with customer/dealer inquiries, complaints, referring to a Manager/Supervisor where necessary, and ensure a prompt and accurate resolution is provided to the complete satisfaction of all parties involved, the Customer, the Bank, and Investment Support department.
- Demonstrated flexibility in a constantly changing environment (procedural and automated), being versatile and able to provide cover at different times and at different levels on any given day concurrently.
- Good communication verbal and written to prepare business letters, reports, documents and external resources as required.
- Good organizational skills to manage workload and effectively assist/train employees.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Accounting Principles, requirements/regulations of Mutual Fund Products, Banking Operations and its linkages/interdependencies with internal and external business partners.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook)
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Mississauga
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Accounting, Bank, Banking, Developer, Mid-Range, Finance, Technology