Requisition ID: 126808
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Purpose
The Accounting Officer is responsible for contributing to the Dealer Finance Centre's success by providing accounting and administrative processing to the Centre's customers, Credit Solutions and Sales teams. The incumbent must provide a high standard of accuracy and customer service consistent with Scotia Service Standards, Complaint Resolution Standards and Procedures. Accountabilities
Maintains accounting records in accordance with standard accounting practices and established departmental procedures by:
• Organizing, preparing, processing transactions and journal entries;
• Balancing, reconciling records daily, weekly, monthly as appropriate;
• Preparing relevant periodic submissions, remittances, accounting adjustments;
• Preparing monthly, and quarterly statements;
• Verify and review the output of all postings.
Assist with providing administrative and processing support by:
• Accurately processing daily flooring and leasing transactions originated by customers, management, credit solution, sales or a B/F system;
• Accurately process customers day to day banking request not limited to certified cheques, draft and wires;
• Monitor and action Scotia Plan Loan adjustments daily;
• Checking/authorizing transactions within approved limits;
• Reviewing/checking/escalating returns and reports as required;
• Ensuring necessary corrections are made as identified through exception reporting;
• Maintaining strict adherence to Bank custody and security procedures and reporting any unusual occurrence or fraudulent activity to the supervisor immediately;
• Assisting with responding to customer operational issues or concerns;
• Assisting with implementing changes to operating procedures and systems in order to increase efficiency and meet Bank regulations
Ensure the delivery of customer service is consistent with Scotia Service Standards by:
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Developing a working knowledge of commercial products, services and procedures;
• Providing courteous, responsive and accurate service to customers;
• Dealing with the more complex client transactions (i.e. flooring payouts and takeovers)
• Taking full responsibility for all customer inquiries/concerns/complaints directed to him / her by resolving those matters within their discretion to the customer's satisfaction or by referring the customer to the appropriate source, as set out in the Bank's Complaint Resolution Standards and Procedures;
• Maintaining confidentiality of Bank and customer information;
• Reviewing and preparing correspondence relative to customer/external inquiries.
Assist with the Centre's growth by:
• Ensuring that all service charges are applied and collected as appropriate and authorized;
• Ensure timely collection of month end interest and volume bonus claw back.
Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team. Education / Experience / Other information
• College or University degree preferred or minimum 2 years related experience in a position of similar responsibility
• Banking/financial/leasing experience highly desirable
• Strong computer skills (Excel, Windows, Word, and automated GL systems)
• Good communication and interpersonal skills are very important Working conditions
- Work in a standard office-based environment; non-standard hours are a common occurrence at month end. Concentration is required while serving customers/partners, working on computers and verifying documents and reports. Work can be cyclical. Majority of deadlines and time constraints are predictable, however, disruptions and customer demands/volumes may impact work flows.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Hamilton
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Financial, Accounting, Developer, Finance, Technology
Banking, Finance and Insurance