120 Bloor Street East
Job Family Group:
Technology Account Manager is a leadership role to support and implement strategies in alignment with BMO 2025 goals, agenda, and T&O road map, and group's objectives. The role is accountable to develop, manage, and sustain strong partnerships across the organization with business and technology partners to effectively strategize and plan technology engagements and initiatives.The relationships and engagements will span all levels of technology and business groups within the bank.
Key mandates for the Account Management team includes driving the multi-year and annual planning process in consultation with technology and business stakeholders, execution of weekly intake for corporate areas (Finance, Risk, other Corporate areas) and coordinate/communicate technology engagements that may impact both the business and technology partners. They act as a single point of contact for business partners to help resolve or direct their technology needs.
The account manager is required to have a broad understanding of the technology functions within his/her portfolio, good understanding of business processes in the area, strategic & tactical business drivers for various initiatives and objectives in the portfolio. Key Accountabilities
Accountable to lead the multi-year and annual planning, drive the intake and mobilization for approved initiatives, and manage the business relationships for 'desktop to data center' needs and support.
- Develop strategic multi-year plan with partners and create the roadmap for investment in technology which aligns with capability architecture model.
- Develop business cases, track, rationalize/synergise, aggregate the needs that is aligned with business value proposition and technology capabilities.
- Proactively identify areas and opportunities where capabilities can enhance business efficiency and drive the initiatives from idea to mobilization with stakeholders.
- Monitor and present investment updates to executive committees and communicate to business and technology partners of up coming opportunities or disruptors.
- Advance the 'Intake Process' to effectively initiate change requests (from business & other tech teams) and gate technology changes ensuring communication to impacted parties
- Evolve the 'Mobilization' process tailored to the complexity and inherent risks to provide the required information for the execution team
- Be the point of contact for the business and various technology partners including delivery teams, engineering and infrastructure
- Stays abreast of large programs across the bank, being able to relate the impacts to business partners and trigger necessary conversations for necessary action
- Facilitating workshops and discussions across various levels of the business and technology providers, reporting on the information/progress to the accountable executives.
- Act as a single point of contact for business partners and support their 'desktop to data centre' needs
- Have a good awareness of industry trends in technology and financial industry
- Stay abreast with all the new developments in technology within the bank and develop contact points with various infrastructure and data teams across the organization.
Ensure risk taking falls within the risk appetite and internal control monitoring/reporting are in place and functioning effectively to support management decision-making that protects assets and adheres to applicable corporate policies, operating directives, laws and regulations:
- Manage Risk within the Bank's Risk Appetite : Within the mandate of this role and BMO's three lines of defense model, ensure business decisions and activities fall within the risk appetite of the Bank, and that internal controls are in place and functioning effectively to support management decision-making that protects our assets and adheres to applicable corporate policies, operating directives, laws and regulations (including risk, compliance, and AML). Assess and communicate risks associated with IT investments
- Identify the impact of proposed process/program/technology changes on current processes, to optimize efficiency and minimize disruption
- Promote and support the Bank's risk culture, ensuring an environment of open communication and effective challenge and establishing the "tone from the top.
Provide strategic, value-added advice to business/function Head and their leadership team, investigating, recommending and/or supporting changes to systems, procedures, products and/or people to directly impact productivity and effectiveness. Productivity
Role model in driving simplicity and productivity enhancements for optimization across groups. Lead, promote and reinforce BMO's customer focus to support our vision. Personally, role model customer focus.
Financial Acumen :
- Adhere and support enterprise customer experience and brand standards.
- Drive the development and implementation of innovative strategies and solutions across the enterprise that optimize the customer experience.
- Create a culture that results in leading employee engagement, top talent acquisition and retention
Develop, track, and control the information technology annual operating and capital budgets. Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives. Assess and make recommendations on the improvement or re-engineering of the IT organization. Core Knowledge and skills /Must-have
- 8+ years of experience in technology and/or architecture with a focus on business facing roles.
- Solid understanding of Corporate function (Finance, Risk, AML) preferably in a large financial institution
- Able to present and communicate at all levels within IT and across business units, including executive communication
- Experience managing small teams in an agile environment providing actions and executing through a timeline
- Ability to facilitate, drive the discussion, understanding how to influence and challenge where needed.
- University degree in technology, engineering or business required
We're here to help
- Broad knowledge of current technology and it's potential application in the financial sector
- Good understanding of regulatory landscape and associated reporting requirements - e.g. OSFI, Statscan, CRA, Bank of Canada, FRB
- Strong Financial, Risk or AML knowledge would be an asset
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Sales and Marketing