EY's people in more than 150 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
We are seeking a highly motivated, confident individual to join our Business Development Operations team as an Account Manager. This individual will work closely with our Business Development Executives (BDEs), client-serving partners and multidisciplinary account teams to drive revenue growth and strengthen relationships on multiple financial services accounts that are of strategic importance to EY.
The portfolio will include accounts in Government Public Sector (GPS).
This role is focused on high-impact, high-value activities in all aspects of account management, including:
• Account strategy, planning and management • Pipeline management • Account team effectiveness • Relationship management • Enabling exceptional client service Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include: Account strategy, planning and management
• Drive the key activities of the globally standard EY Account Management Framework • Support account planning sessions, including account strategy, financial objectives and identified relationships; support the global revenue planning process • For each account in the portfolio, drive, manage and maintain an account plan, and regularly review it against established milestones and targets. • Follow up on action items, by tracking progress against deadlines • Monitor and work with Finance to report on the accounts' performance and results Pipeline management
• Proactively support the account teams by managing the pipeline, maintaining data accuracy and integrity • Hold the account teams accountable to push opportunities through the sales cycle • Facilitate or co-facilitating periodic pipeline review meetings • Ensure EY's global tools and enablers are incorporated on active opportunities and client interactions Account team effectiveness
• Leverage EY knowledge tools to keep account team abreast of topical information • Manage the account on-boarding process for all new partners and senior managers • Co-facilitate the account team meetings • Serve as the knowledge steward of the accounts and disseminate client information Relationship management
• Work with the account teams to develop and track the client relationship strategy and map, identify key stakeholders/decision makers, develop plans and touch point campaigns to strengthen relationships • Build deep knowledge of the clients in the portfolio, their strategies and business issues, and the industry in which they operate • Leverage the global EY network to connect clients to the right people • Develop a strong understanding of EY services and solutions to determine which programs, initiatives and thought leadership would be relevant to the client Enabling exceptional client service
• Enable exceptional client service by helping the account team to be more insightful, responsive and connected to the clients • Work with EY Knowledge to develop and manage client communications (e.g., client newsletters, value scorecard, etc.) • Manage both the Assessment of Service Quality (ASQ) process and Expectation of Service Quality (ESQ) for the accounts by drafting and leading the annual plans, facilitate prep and debrief calls and ownership of action plans To qualify, candidates must have:
• A bachelor's degree is required; graduate degree preferred • Minimum 5-8 years relevant experience, including previous experience with complex account management and/or business development • Professional services and/or Private Equity/Pension Funds knowledge or experience is an asset • Strong analytical and quantitative skills, ability to review reports, interpret data and identify trends • Strong time management and organizational skills, ability to meet tight deadlines and coordinate multiple projects at one time. Project management experience is desirable • Exceptional relationship building/relationship management skills; ability to build trust and confidence with account teams • In-depth knowledge of sales management, and relationship and opportunity tools and processes • Ability to manage ambiguity and successfully navigate large, matrixed organizations • Ability to work independently and with the team, collaborate effectively with other functional groups within EY, and rely on strong influencing skills to achieve results • A strong executive presence; energetic and engaging style • Highly-developed computer skills
Ernst & Young is committed to diversity and equity.
Posted: December 13, 2018
Closes: February 11, 2019