VIRTUAL59 - HomeRes - ON - BMO
Job Family Group:
The Financial Crimes Unit (FCU) brings together our Cybersecurity, Fraud, Physical Security and Resilience Planning capabilities to address the ever-growing and increasingly complex global security environment. It is a highly collaborative effort that greatly enhances BMO's ability to rapidly prevent, detect, respond to, and recover from all security & crisis threats. This position offers a unique experience to learn from experienced leaders in the industry, join a team building the 21st century model for security and helping grow the good by protecting our customers and communities.
Provides management consulting services and technology/industry expertise in support of business and enterprise needs. Liaises with stakeholders to understand problems and opportunities, to facilitate the organization's goals by understanding business vision, objectives, and key performance indicators. Aligns technology requirements and solutions to a real business need, meets essential quality standards, and ensures approval by all relevant stakeholders. Acts as a consultant to business partners in collaboration with the project team in strategy and planning sessions (e.g. multi-year and annual plans), reviews, or inspections to ensure the quality of work products. Promotes new processes and methodologies, emerging technologies, and agile, and aligns to the unique project team requirements.
- Fosters a culture aligned to BMO purpose, values and strategy and role models BMO values and behaviours in all that they do.
- Ensures alignment between values and behaviour that fosters diversity and inclusion.
- Regularly connects work to BMO's purpose, sets inspirational goals, defines clear expected outcomes, and ensures clear accountability for follow through.
- Builds interdependent teams that collaborate across functional and operating groups to create the highest value for all stakeholders.
- Attracts, retains, and enables the career development of top talent.
- Improves team performance, recognizes and rewards performance, coaches employees, supports their development, and manages poor performance.
- Provides thought leadership in the development of new ideas, processes and emerging technology.
- Provides strategic input into business decisions as a trusted advisor.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on relevant regulations and policies.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Recommends business priorities, advises on resource requirements and develops roadmap for strategic execution.
- Leads the development of IT strategy by understanding business processes, policies, information and information systems.
- Acts as the prime subject matter expert for internal/external stakeholders.
- Defines business requirements for analytics and reporting to ensure data insights inform business decision making.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Leads change management programs of varying scope and type, including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Leads the development of the communication strategy focusing on positively influencing or changing behaviour.
- Presents and communicates at all levels within IT and across businesses / groups.
- Completes root-cause analysis to determine underlying causes and participates in problem resolution for complex issues at all levels.
- Identifies opportunities to strengthen the IT consulting capability (e.g. shares expertise to promote technical development, mentors employees, builds communities of practice and networks across technology).
- Understands and follows a project requirements management plan so that activities and milestones of the project team can be measured against the goals of the plan.
- Facilitates discussions and follows a disciplined approach to plan, elicit, analyze, document, communicate, and manage business requirements with stakeholders; applies a variety of elicitation techniques to probe, challenge, and understand requirements.
- Provides analytical support and insights to identified / assigned user areas to support relative product, channel, and business development initiatives (e.g. product, portfolio, and profitability analytics, and customer analytics).
- Collaborates in root-cause analysis to determine underlying causes and participates in problem resolution.
- Builds exceptional relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Liaises with the business and the technology development and support groups.
- Aligns business needs to vision/goals to ensure development teams to translate them into detailed design specifications and code.
- Assess project impact, benefits, and risks when scope changes.
- Communicates and engages across stakeholder groups during construction and delivery of solutions.
- Assesses the quality of supporting documentation, including business and process requirements documents, to ensure proper analysis supports recommendations or demonstrate continued alignment to strategic objectives.
- Develops a deep understanding of organizational complexity to build strong rapport with internal stakeholders for the construction and delivery of the solution.
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through benchmarking and/or participation in professional associations.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a specialist resource to senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to problems that can be complex and non-routine.
- Implements changes in response to shifting trends.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
We're here to help
- Typically 7+ years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Business Analysis Accreditation is an asset.
- Knowledge of software development practice, concepts/methodologies (i.e. waterfall, Agile, iterative), and technologies obtained through formal training and/or work experience.
- Knowledge of one or more requirements analysis and problem decomposition techniques.
- Knowledge of technical/business environment (e.g. Microsoft business technologies and applications, relational databases, and SharePoint).
- Understanding of industry standards and standard business capabilities.
- Knowledge of business analysis, project delivery practices and standards across the project lifecycle.
- Possesses a deep understanding and problem solving ability of Information Technology of various complexities.
- Understanding of techniques associated with data modeling, process modeling, and user-centered design within the context of the organizational standards.
- Familiar with business strategy and assessments (i.e. feasibility studies, business cases and/or cost/benefit, project sizing and costing, and current state analysis/needs assessments).
- Seasoned professional with a combination of education, experience and industry knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Influence skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - In-depth / Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth / Expert.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.