Department: Health, Wellness and Sciences
Classification: Support Staff
Posting Date: September 26, 2022
Salary Range: $ 41.96 (start rate) - $ 48.66 (4-year rate)
Hours Per Week: 35 hours per week
Status: Full Time (Appendix D)
Effective Dates: asap - March 2024 THIS IS A TEMPORARY REPLACEMENT POSITION FOR A BARGAINING UNIT EMPLOYEE
. Terms and conditions of employment are as outlined in the Support Staff Collective Agreement.
Reporting to the Associate Dean the incumbent coordinates, organizes and maintains the Nursing Resource Centre (NRC). This includes organizing and coordinating student learning activities and demonstrations; setting up equipment; maintaining learning tools, equipment and supplies; and maintaining accurate student records. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Facilitating student practice and reinforcing applied pre-learned principles / theory related to nursing skills, procedures and client assessment by organizing and scheduling student learning activities, practice sessions and skill practice demonstrations complete with scenarios, low fidelity simulators, equipment, supplies, etc.
• Collaborating with faculty to formulate a plan of action, and provide individual coaching to students struggling to demonstrate skill competency
• Providing feedback to faculty on observed skills for students
• Organizing and implementing in-service training / orientation for students and faculty on the use of equipment in the NRC
• Setting up equipment and supplies in the lab for student practice and other events as required (i.e. Preview Day and Information day, Faculty Professional Development day, etc.)
• Ensuring all lab safety standards or electronic and other safety requirements (i.e. sharps, etc.) in a health care environment are followed
• Maintaining and updating resources available in the NRC including computer software, learning tools, posters, manuals, journal articles, resource textbooks, equipment and supplies to ensure materials / equipment are current and in good working order
• Organizing, maintaining, and purchasing supplies for full and part-time studies courses
• Maintaining accurate student records QUALIFICATIONS:
• Must possess, and maintain, current registration in good standing as a Registered Nurse (RN) with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
• Must have successfully completed a BScN
• Five years of experience as a Registered Nurse current with medical-surgical hands on skill set and technology
• Experience training and demonstrating skills to others
• Experience with ordering supplies, inventory management, and tracking systems
• Demonstrated knowledge of health and safety rules and regulations in a health care environment
• Computer skills and experience using the MS Office Suite
• Interpersonal and communication (oral & written) skills
• Must be self-directed with the ability to work independently and as a team member
• Proven analytical, critical thinking, decision making, and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated planning, coordinating and time management skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Courses in Teaching and Training Adults would be an asset
• Experience with high fidelity simulators would be an asset
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination and is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. We invite applications from all qualified candidates and actively encourage applications from members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to equity, including, but not limited to persons of Indigenous ancestry, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, women and members of the 2SLGBTQ community. If you are contacted to participate in the interview, please advise the coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process. APPLY NOW:
To be considered for this position, please visit the Georgian College intranet and apply by navigating to Quick Links and then to Careers at Georgian.
Applications for this position must be received by 11:59 p.m. on October 2, 2022
. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Education and Training Information Technology