Department: University Partnership Centre
Classification: Support Staff
Posting Date: May 13 , 2022
Salary Range: $33.05 (start rate) - $38.37 (4-year rate)
Hours Per Week: 40 hours per week
Status: Full Time
Reporting to the Manager, Partnerships the incumbent is responsible for a wide range of duties related to academic planning and scheduling; curriculum planning and tracking; and learning management system support and coordination for the colleges public-private partnerships (PPPs). Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Verifying curriculum in Banner Student Information System (SIS) so that registration and scheduling is possible; setting up clusters in the system to reflect course information based on student numbers; creating additional clusters if and when needed.
• Assisting the manager and AVPA in forecasting projected enrolment. In partnership with the PPP, reviewing data related to enrolment, producing enrolment reports and projections for PPP programming.
• Providing detailed information to R.O. Scheduling office on how courses are to be scheduled; coordinating the sharing of sections between multiple programs and departments; coordinating the submission of timetable parameters; resolving timetable problems with the scheduler; reviewing, correcting and finalizing timetables; and resolving scheduling conflicts.
• Assisting Manager/Registrar staff & external PPP with registration issues (eg. changes to section maximums, etc.).
• Monitoring academic cost centres related to course delivery as requested by the manager. Producing summary reports, identifying issues, and recommending solutions related to collapsing and blending of course sections based on enrollment.
• Supporting the development of the annual budget, tracking changes and preparing for budget review.
• Coordinating curriculum development contracts and inputs and tracks them in HR PeopleSoft.
• Serving as the first point of contact for Manager and other employees with questions regarding PPP academic administration including course development contracts, scheduling, course loading and course delivery changes.
• Compiling data from various sources (spreadsheets/databases developed by the incumbent, Banner SIS/FIS, spreadsheets/databases developed by other departments) to capture a complete picture of enrollment statistics.
• Creating reports for the manager or other managers by compiling information for specific purposes i.e. course section efficiency, PPP performance.
LMS Support and Coordination:
• Overseeing the Learning Management System (LMS) for the PPP and related technologies to support PPP faculty in academic delivery. Aligning with CTL practices and procedures to ensure consistency.
• Leveraging tools developed in CTL: training documents, resources, subject matter in support of PPPs academic delivery.
• Onboarding new PPP faculty and demonstrates the use of the Learning Management System and related technologies for PPP.
• Coordinating and consulting with Information Technology (IT) and CTL to resolve individual or college-wide system issues involving the LMS and related technologies.
• Providing technical support and guidance to PPP faculty for using the LMS and its related technologies.
• Working with staff across the college to ensure integration between the LMS and other college systems such as Banner.
• Consulting with CTL regularly regarding best practices for LMS support and coordination.
Curriculum Support and Tracking:
• Preparing PPP program tracking sheets to demonstrate curriculum/program progression and seeks approval from Manager.
• Distributing current PPP program tracking sheets for managers approval and then distributes to college academic areas, Registrars' Office, ILAC and ensures information is up to date and accurate on a semester basis.
• Tracking course level and program changes within college curriculum to ensure alignment on PPP programing and any potential impact.
• Tracking curriculum changes for PPP programming using the colleges curriculum information management system (CIM) and providing a list to the manager who initiates required revisions to PPP programming.
• Creating regular reports, analyses data and summarizes findings related to curriculum tracking and related changes. Ensuring manager is informed of curriculum changes that impact PPP programming.
• Successfully completed a three-year diploma / degree in a relevant field of study that may include, but is not limited to Business, Instructional Design or related field.
• Five years' experience in an office environment monitoring / tracking budgets and financial information, analyzing and compiling data, producing / generating reports, and providing administrative support to a diverse group of stakeholders.
• Communication skills (written and oral) to liaise with various stakeholders and document processes.
• Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, and evaluation skills.
• Proven ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
• Advanced level computer skills, and experience in database / information management using Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Excel, Access).
• Experience using an LMS with the purpose of supporting PPP faculty with course design and delivery.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination and is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. We invite applications from all qualified candidates and actively encourage applications from members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to equity, including, but not limited to persons of Indigenous ancestry, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, women and members of the 2SLGBTQ community. If you are contacted to participate in the interview, please advise the coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you are actively pursuing but not completed an education credential, and feel you have surpassed the minimum education requirements of this position, and would like to be considered for this competition, please apply including your specific education details. Applications for this position must be received by 11:59 p.m. on May 19, 2022
. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Education and Training