Permanent Reference code
:113675 Primary Location:
Toronto, Ontario, Canada All Available Locations:
Toronto Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
To provide bookkeeping services to support our Class Action, Claims Administration and Due Diligence departments within the Grants & Loan Portfolio Services practice. Although our clients are located across Canada, this position will be in Toronto. What will your typical day look like? Bank accounts:
• Opening/Closing bank accounts
• Setup signing officers on the account (include sample signatures)
• Liaison with bank regarding interest earned and bank charges; set up online banking.
• Downloading and reconciliation of bank statements on a monthly basis;
• Downloading payment registers from Simply Accounting;
• Request Senior Manager / Partner approval and insert the approval into the bank reconciliation PDF and file on the network;
• Entering reconciling transactions in Simply Accounting; and
• Comply with the Deloitte Policy for trust accounts and reconciliations. Investment statements:
• Reconciliation of investment statements on a monthly basis;
• Prepare journal entries to record investment transactions;
• Request Senior Manager / Partner approval and insert the approval into the journal entries PDF file and file on the network
• Post journal entry transactions in Simply Accounting; and
• Comply with the Deloitte Policy for trust accounts and reconciliations. Deposits:
• Prepare deposit slips, photocopy all cheques to be deposited, and input receipts into Ascend Disbursements:
• Review payable invoice, input, and print disbursement cheques from Ascend and code per cheque requisition.
• Prepare cheques for signing and comply with Deloitte Policy regarding signing officers in accordance with Section 2.06 of the by-laws for the Board of Directors, and the FAS Practice Manual
. • Review cheques for the appropriate signature(s), prepare the cheques for mailing/couriering.Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life. Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Accounts Payable, Developer, Bank, Banking, Bookkeeping, Finance, Technology